This is an amazing Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup FULL of flavor, tender chicken, veggies, and delicious thick egg noodles (those amazing frozen Reames noodles). It will be your new go-to Chicken Noodle Soup recipe!
There is a bite of cold in the air, the leaves are turning beautiful shades of red and yellow, and snow is not long off. Fall is here and it is time to break out my favorite Homemade Soup recipes.
There’s nothing better than a chilly day, a big fuzzy blanket, and a warm bowl of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
This Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is one that you can go back to again and again. It is the one homemade chicken noodle soup to permanently put in your recipe box. It has all the classic flavors you love: sweet slices of carrot, fresh hints of celery, savory pieces of onion, the warm flavor of garlic, and, the star- chicken.
The chicken broth in my recipe is not homemade, but it is bursting with chicken flavor! There is nothing worse than digging into a bowl of chicken soup and the broth looks like water and the only chicken flavor comes from the actual pieces of chicken. The “secret” to getting a bold flavored broth without making your own stock is a tablespoon of chicken base. If you are not familiar with chicken base it is similar to a chicken bouillon but it comes in a tub and is paste-like. It adds that intense chicken flavor you want in the the broth of your chicken noodle soup.
However, for me the very best part of the soup are the Reames frozen egg noodles. They are so much better than the traditional dry kluski noodle or a dry egg noodle. The Reames noodles are thick and have a big hearty bite and actual FLAVOR. It really is the icing on the cake.. or I guess in this case, the noodle in the soup.
At our house we just serve this with saltine crackers or a large warm baguette, and that’s it. This is a pretty hearty soup that fills you up on it’s own!
An over the top delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. This recipe has a SUPER flavorful and slightly thick broth, tender carrots, celery and onions. It is topped off with thick and hearty egg noodles. This will be come your go-to Chicken Noodle Soup recipe!
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 3 Celery Stalks chopped
- 4 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves chopped
- 4 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 quarts Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Chicken Base
- 12 oz frozen egg noodles I use Reames
- 3 cups cooked chicken diced/chopped (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic in the butter until the veggies soften and onions become translucent- about 10 minutes.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and stir to coat the vegetables with all the herbs and spices.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Once it is simmering whisk in the chicken base.
- Add the frozen egg noodles and cooked chicken. Cook over medium- low heat for 20-25 minutes until the noodles are cooked through.
- Turn the heat to low and add the vinegar, cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and serve.
You can make this ahead… it is even better the next day!!!!! It will thicken in the fridge- you may need to add a little chicken stock when you are reheating. This recipe will serve 6-8 people.
This recipe makes quite a bit of soup, so plan on leftovers! Which, in this case, is even better than the first go-around. YUM. I hope you give this recipe for Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup a try in your kitchen.