Our favorite thing to do on Sunday’s is park ourselves in front of the TV and binge watch Netflix. I know… not the most active Sunday afternoon, but we can’t help it. We’re so busy during the week that it’s nice to spend the entire day on the couch. We like to make some yummy snacks to munch on during our binge, and guacamole is our go-to.
Guacamole tastes so good with just about everything. With the right amount of flavor (AKA a lot of flavor) it can elevate almost anything. We obviously love this recipe on tortilla chips, but it’s also great on sandwiches, salads, etc.
Not only is this guac great to have hanging around the kitchen as a condiment, but it’s also a hit at parties! Whenever we bring it as an appetizer, guests always ask for the recipe. It’s that good.
We like a lot of citrus in our guacamole, so we add a lot of lime, but if you aren’t crazy about lime juice, I would cut back a bit.
This guacamole is full of flavor and perfect as an appetizer for parties!
- 2 avocados pitted and halved
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1 tbsp diced red onion
- 3 tbsp salsa verde medium
- 1/2 jalapeno diced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional for spice
- Combine the avocados, salt, lime juice, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. We like to use a potato smasher to help mash the ingredients together.
- Add the salsa verde, jalapeno, onion, and tomato. Stir well.
- Serve immediately to avoid the guac browning.