Being on the low carb diet isn’t easy stuff. Some days when I walk into the office, I want to dive into the donuts laid out in our conference room. I want to get a side of chips with my lunch. I even find myself dreaming about Mcdonald’s from time to time. But the thing I miss the most about eating whatever I want is snacking.
We have such a hard time finding healthy alternatives to our favorite snacks and it makes lazy Sunday’s incredibly difficult! My guilty pleasure is parking my butt on the couch and snacking on a bag of chips. I’ve finally found a low carb replacement that satisfies my snacking: Low Carb Fried Jalapeno “Chips.”
If you like spicy food, these are right up your alley. If you want less spice, be sure to get all of the seeds out of the jalapenos.
This recipe only requires three ingredients and it’s so, so simple. They cook super fast, though, so be careful not to burn them!
These low carb jalapeno chips are perfect for curbing your snack cravings! They’re simple and delicious.
- 3 fresh jalepenos
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- vegetable oil
- Begin by slicing the jalapenos into thin slices. The thinner the better and the more consistent the cuts, the better.
- Begin heating a thin layer of vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Put the almond flour into a large baggy.
- Add the jalapenos and shake the bag to get a nice, thin layer of flour.
- Add to the vegetable oil and cook for about 45 seconds on each side. Do not overcrowd them.
- Drain the grease on a metal strainer. Add salt to taste. Enjoy!