This dish is the combination of two of our favorite things on the planet. In both of our cases, however, we have never really found a recipe or version of this that we’ve really enjoyed. Until now! This recipe for Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese is the answer to our prayers.
A major reason why we haven’t been able to find one that we like, is this dish often has blue cheese in it, which neither of us are fond of. But being that buffalo chicken could be considered a staple of our diet, and homemade macaroni and cheese is one of our guiltiest of pleasures – we had to find a way to make this marriage work.
What we came up with was perfectly cooked tender elbow noodles and chicken pieces blended with a sauce that has great balance consisting of tang, spice and creaminess – which is exactly what we’ve been looking for! We can’t get enough of this Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese. We are sure you will enjoy this just as much as we do – give it a try!
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you need a dish that will satisfy the entire family. It’s quick, delicious, and has a great kick.
- 2 Cups Cooked Elbow Noodles
- 1 Cup Cooked, shredded chicken breast this can be bought precooked or you can boil your own chicken
- 1 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese from a bag
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- Begin by putting a small saucepan on medium low heat.
- Add butter and melt – careful not to burn.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add whipping cream and bring to a low simmer.
- Slowly add cheddar cheese while consistently stirring.
- Add buffalo sauce and stir.
- In a casserole dish, add elbow noodles and chicken.
- Poor over sauce and stir in.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese and drizzle with buffalo sauce.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes.
Are there other noodles besides elbow noodles that you prefer when making your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe?